In simple words, we can say that the time your knee interferes with the daily routine tasks that you want to do, then you should consider that it’s the time for a knee replacement. It is also an option when all non-surgical treatments,including physical therapy, medications, and use of a cane or else any other walking aid no longer assist you in reducing the pain. Some conditions that patient experience comprises aching in the knee, which is followed by loss of mobility, joint stiffness after rest. The first step is to visit your primary care doctor, who will refer you to one of the best knee replacement surgeons. This will help you to determine if there is a need for knee replacement or not. Your surgeon will help you to decide when and which type of knee replacement your joint needs. Generally, surgeons try out to delay knee replacement as long as possible and are always in favor of less invasive treatments. In case you are diagnosed with advanced joint diseases, then knee replacement is the best option for you to get rid of pain and to return to routine activities.
Signs to indicate that it’s the time for a knee replacement
Knee replacement is a common and routine surgery nowadays, and as per the statistics, more than 90 percent of cases who undergo total knee replacement experience an improvement in knee functionality and pain. To diagnose your precise condition, an orthopedic surgeon will recommend and examine the knee joint by X Rays and other physical teats. You will also be asked to describe your pain to make it clearer. He/ she will also ask that do you have any past injuries affected your present condition. Your knee joints will be tested to determine the range of motion and its strength. Below are some signs that will indicate that it is the time for a knee replacement surgery:
- Stiffness in the knee while sitting in a car or anywhere else for a long duration
- Lack of mobility
- Experiencing knee ache especially before and after exercise
- Knee pain persists and reoccurs over time
- Rainy weather pain
- Pain is so severe that it stop you to sleep
- Feeling of reduction in knee motion along with the degree to bend your knee
- A feeling of a grating of your joint
- Any previous injury to the ACL i.e., anterior
cruciate ligament of the knee
Best knee replacement surgeons in Bangalore
There are top knee replacement surgeons in India that are not only qualified but also
have huge experience of performing many successful knee replacement surgeries. Below we have listed some of the best knee replacement surgeons in Bangalore:
- Dr. Sanjay Prasad Hegde, Orthopaedic Surgeon, having more than 25 years of experience
- Dr. Hemant K. Kalyan, Orthopaedic Surgeon, having more than 28 years of experience
- Dr. George A Anderson, Orthopaedic Surgeon, having more than 36 years of experience. He is currently associated as a senior consultant at Apollo Hospitals, Bangalore.
- Dr. Santosh Kumar Hakkalamani , Orthopaedic Surgeon, having more than 21 years of experience. He is currently associated as a consultant at BGS Gleneagles global hospitals, Bangalore.
- Dr. Shankar R Kurpad, Orthopaedic Surgeon, Bangalore, having more than 12 years of experience. he is currently working at Columbia Asia Hospital, Bangalore
- Dr. Lokesh A. Veerappa, Orthopaedic Surgeon, having more than 13 years of experience. He is presently associated as a consultant at Manipal Hospital, Bangalore.
- Dr. Manish Samson, Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon, having more than 20 years of experience.
- Dr. Venugopal , Orthopaedic, and Joint Replacement Surgeon having more than ii years of experience.
In India, the team of experts has created a reputation for offering superlative knee surgery to their patients. The best thing about best knee replacement surgeons in India is that they are excellent listeners, which lead to helping the patients to get ready for the surgery both physically and mentally.