Linksys extender setup lets you repeat the wireless signal of any router or access point in order to provide the best internet connectivity in hard to reach areas (poor connectivity). As we all know that we use WiFi range extenders to extend the existing router range and ‘Linksys’ has been manufacturing range extenders for the comfort of their users. In this article, linksysextendersetup.info will guide you how to configure your Linksys range extender setup manually.
Linksys range extender is plug and play device. But before anything else, make sure that you have done the following:
- Plug in your range extender nearby your existing WiFi router.
- Grab your computer and hit the wireless icon at the taskbar in order to see available and currently active WiFi networks.
- Connect with Linksys Initial Setup network. In case, you fail to detect the setup page, open a web browser and type extender.linksys.com into the address bar.
- Consider identifying the access point and the router WiFi settings which are SSID (wireless network name), wireless or WiFi channel, and the network key (passphrase). In order to change the wireless settings using Linksys cloud account, call our tech support team on 1-844-677-7233 (toll-free).
- Connect your computer physically with the range extender with the help of an Ethernet cable. After that, plug your range extender into an electrical outlet and let the power LED lights on it start blinking.
- Now, for Linksys Extender Login, open a web browser and type 192.168.1.1 into the URL bar. Be certain that your devices shouldn’t be overheated and overloaded with the weight of malicious files and malware.
- Enter default login credentials and click ‘log in’.
- After that, click ‘wireless’ followed by ‘basic wireless settings’.
- Now, what you have to do, set the ‘radio’ button and enter your router’s SSID (network name). After that, on the ‘wireless security’ section, select the ‘security settings’ that belongs to the router’s configuration page.
- Enter your WEP key or passphrase. Click on ‘save settings’.
- Unplug the cables of the router and the range extender for approx one minute. Plug in your extender and after two minutes plug the range extender.
- Linksys WiFi Range Extender Setup is successfully synchronized with the router.
Setup Linksys Range Extender via Ethernet Cable
You might be seeking to remove ‘no signals’ or dead zones areas of your house or offices (workplace). So, you are using the latest version of Linksys router for wireless connectivity. But it is also the fact that when you are sitting in the remote corner of the house, you are unable to get the WiFi signals. This issue occurs because of interference caused due to unidentified WiFi/ Bluetooth devices or metal appliances.
In order to get the best status of Linksys extender, we need you to shut down cordless phones, microwaves, baby monitors, security alarms, automatic door openers, treadmill, etc. After that, go for some rose petal and valuable points given below.
- Place your Linksys range extender into an open and airy room away from heat and dust.
- Plug it into an electric wall socket nearby router away from door, walls, and public WiFi.
- Take your computer and enter default IP address of your range extender into field of the address bar. Ask our tech support team for assistance regarding the same.
- Enter default login credentials and hit log in.
- Click on ‘wireless settings’.
- Set the radio button to ‘manual’.
- Now, enter ‘SSID’ of your main wireless router.
- Enter WPA/ or WEP key.
- Shut down your range extender and restart it after five minutes.
If you face any issue regarding Linksys extender setup, call us immediately ‘the team of best and hand-picked technicians in the world’.